Proper maintenance of your air conditioning systems is often overlooked but very important for your equipment and your pocket! Taking the necessary measures to maintain your air conditioner will save you energy costs and prevent expensive repairs. P&C Heating and Air offers a Preventative Maintenance Program, which includes two seasonal inspections per year, as well as discounts on labor and parts.
Some of the Benefits of Preventative Maintenance
- Cleaning your evaporator and condenser coils keeps your equipment running smoothly and efficiently, saving you energy costs.
- Cleaning the blower wheels and filters allows air flow to increase, so your machine isn’t running longer than it should, running up your bill.
The bottom line is that preventative maintenance is the key to keeping your A/C equipment in good working condition, preventing costly repairs, and keeping your energy costs low. If you’re interested in learning more about our Preventative Maintenance Program, give us a call today at 205-345-9112.
Work included in the two yearly maintenance inspections:
The inspections will be made by a qualified technician who will:
- Inspect, clean or replace standard 1” filters. Filters are provided by customer without charge or provided by P & C for a separate charge.
- Check refrigerant pressures
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check for proper voltage and amp draws
- Oil and grease motors if required
- Check belts for proper tension
- Check and clean condensate drain system within the unit
- Check whether the electrical controls are working properly
- Check the heating operation including the ignition sequence, safety controls and pilot
- performance if applicable
- Inspect the duct work and/or the air distribution system
There are no diagnostic charges for the two scheduled maintenance inspections. Diagnostic charges will apply for all other service calls. A Preferred Member will get preferential service over all other service calls for that day.
Discount labor and parts on other work:
Subject to their terms and conditions, the customer will receive a ten percent (10%) discount on all standard charges for: (1) any repairs made to the customer’s air conditioning and heating system during the maintenance inspection service call and (11) all other service calls and repairs during the ONE (1) year period of this agreement.
The 10% discount on charges includes:
- Repairs to the functional components of the air conditioning system
- Repairs to the control’s wiring between the indoor and the outdoor units, the thermostat and the power wiring controls within the unit.
- Diagnostic charges and after hours service calls
The 10% discount DOES NOT apply to any service calls or repairs:
- For the replacement of:
- Condensing units
- Evaporator coils
- Due to alterations, additions, adjustments or repairs to the system made by others, unless authorized or agreed upon by the contractor
- Due to fire, flood, acts of God, or improper use or abuse of the system
- Required government regulations, codes or insurance company needs or requirements
- Due to external power wiring, circuit breakers and disconnect supplying electrical service for the units
- Due to ductwork, structural supports, or other sheet metal components which may deteriorate due to corrosion or rust
- Due to incoming voltage problems
Customer acknowledges that, due to some manufacturers’ designs, even with proper maintenance and service the condensate pan and the drain lines may clog, so the contractor is not responsible for any water damage due to the blockage of the condensate lines.